FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
388 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

my RUT955 does not show the roaming network operator in web ui. It shows the home network operator instead as you can see in the attached screenshot. Vodafone IE is my home operator. At the moment RUT955 is roaming in Greece. Firmware is the newest as shown in screenshot as well. Any ideas what the problem is?

Thx in advance!

Kachaber

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello Kachaber,

Thank you for your query.

To begin with, on roaming mode you should see the operator you are currently connected to. However, Could you specify to which local operator you have connected to? Since Vodafone does operate in Greece as well, therefore, you might still see Vodafone, even though the sim is on roaming mode. To distinguish the difference you would have to Navigate to Status -> Network . If the sim is working on roaming mode it will be  register(roaming) if not -  register(home).

In addition, Could you please download the troubleshoot file from the router and forward it to me via private message. In order to download the troubleshoot file you would have to navigate to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot -> Download Troubleshoot file and download the file.(Please make sure that this is being done after connecting to the local operator).

More on troubleshoot file: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_Administration#Troubleshoot

Note: Your attachments did not save, Could you please take screenshots and add it as well.

Best Regards,

Dziugas

by anonymous
Hello Dziugas,

thanks fpr quick respond. i send a private message with TF. please look at my opening post. there is a screenshot with the issue attached.

Even if i am connected to vodafone GR, rut955 says i am connected to vodafone IE (roaming).

Regards,

Kachaber
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for the troubleshoot file.

I have checked the troubleshoot file, indeed you are connected to Greece Vodafone.(The webui shows Vodafone IE). I have  checked the perator number: 20205, 202 - is Greece and 05 - Operators code. So in this case it is only shown incorrectly on the WEBUI.

Could you please login to your routers CLI, you can either use Putty software to login via SSH or simply navigate to services -> CLI on the WEBUI.

Here is some more information on how to access the devices CLI: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Command_Line_Interfaces

Then please execute these two commands and provide the output:

• gsmctl -A at+cops?
  • gsmctl -A at+qspn
Best Regards,
Dziugas
by anonymous

Here the requested output. Sorry for poor quality. Is it okay?

The first command answers just „OK“.

The second answer is „vodafone GR“, „vodafone GR“, „vodafone IE“,0,“20205“

by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for following the instructions.

Yes, indeed this is the correct output, it indicates that your original network is Vodafone IE and shows that you are currently connected to Vodafone GR. The only issue is that on the WEBUI it shows Vodafone IE(the main network), this is currently the functionality.

This is due to various reasons, mainly due to the Quectel modem commands. Currently, such fix is not planned as the functionality itself is not affected, however, we might expect this in the future for convenience purposes.

I do sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused and can assure you that your router is working as intended, it is roaming.

Best Regards,

Dziugas