FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
217 views 2 comments
by anonymous
It's the first time I've tried to connect a VPN.  But it does not establish communication I have tried several things and now I do not know what to try more.

RUT240 is the server and Windows 10 is the client. I'm using OpenVPN

I understand that this is not important, but I comment: I am using a vodafone 4G card that does not have the fixed public IP. Because I'm in testing. I change it every time I restart the RUT240 in the *.ovpn file. It always gives me the same mistake:

TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)

TLS Error: TLS handshake failed

thank you for the help.

Alberto

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

For this issue of yours, it seems the issue is from the TLS certificates you generated. It's best to recreate the TLS certificates you are using on the server-side and client-side. 

Here is a small guide on how to generate TLS Certs: How to generate TLS certificates (Windows)? - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

If the issue still persists kindly share a copy of the.ovpn file and troubleshoot the file of RUT240. 

Regards,
Jerome

by anonymous
Thank you very much for your reply Jerome.

I use that link to learn how to create the certificates. I have done the certificates twice and with the same problem.

You have the copy of the *.ovpn file in the files I uploaded (conection.ovpn).

Greetings and thanks.

Alberto
by anonymous
Hi Alberto,

Kindly send the said files via PM. I have already messaged you.

Regards,
Jerome