FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
901 views 11 comments
by anonymous
Now I'm very fed up and I ask for help urgently. I've been trying to install my new router RUTX14 for three days now (in connection with vehicle antenna on my camper "LGMQM 4B6602458 4x4 MiMo 4G / 5G + 4x4 MiMo WIFI + GPS / GNSS"). Without success! I have now tried two sim cards (o2 & Deutsche Telekom) and it doesn't work with the WLAN either. I have tried the latest firmware and APN manually or APN automatically does not change anything, just like new installations. And yes, all cables are tight. What can I do now or do I have to switch to another manufacturer? Very frustrating!

Thanks & greetings from Germany, Torben
by anonymous
I'm in a same boat with you. Just unboxed a RUTX14 and it took me while until tested it with the ethernet cable. Now I'm online, but didn't get the wifi working yet. Connected to RUTX14 with wifi yes and I was browsing the settings, but Internet DL only ~100kbps.

I have to say I'm disappointed. Even with cable the DL speeds are not anywhere in range where they should. Wondering what I'm doing wrong here?
by anonymous
Hello.

Do you compare the download speed over the wire and over wi-fi? Are you sure that the source can send the file faster than the speed you specified?

Best regards.
by anonymous
Just got the rutx14 as an upgrade to existing installation with rutx9 and since, the internet access has started dropping. So clearly down to the router. When it occurs, a reboot will help but even setting up automatic reboots every morning dont fix the issue. What to do???

Kind regards, Torben
by anonymous

2 faerch

Hi, you need to see what's going on in the logs.
To do this, connect via ssh and run the logread command. And there, by time stamp, find the time when the problems occurred. Look for the same errors / notifications, and according to them it will already become clear from what the problem arises.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello. I'm sorry that you had such a sad experience using Teltonika devices.

According to your situation, I recommend you to set up a router with antennas and a power supply from the kit. WiFi is pre-configured on all devices, the network name and password are usually printed on the label of the router. On the latest firmware RUTX_R_00.07.00 and RUTX_R_00.07.01, after installing the SIM card, Internet access immediately appears. Accordingly, you can get Internet via wifi via LTE connection without any settings at all.

Can you write step by step what you are setting up and what exactly is not working?

Best regards.
by anonymous
Hi. I have now connected all the original antennas and it still doesn't work. No change. What's wrong with this system? Really annoying and I finally need internet in my business camper asap!! I thought that this is a good and stable business system! (was it false?)

What should I write in respect of the problem?? I installed as mentioned. How could I send you screenshots?

Please answer asap. Thanks a lot.

by anonymous

Hello, 
For this issue of yours, kindly try setting the APN manually instead of using the Auto APN. You can do so in Network > Mobile > Uncheck the Auto APN and enter it manually.
You can insert a screenshot by clicking on the button  while writing the answer. 

Best regards.

by anonymous
Hello,
I've done this a number of times without any effort.
No other idea?
by anonymous

You can take a screenshot of the section STATUS  -> NETWORK -> MOBILE. In private messages or cover up part of the IMEI for security.

Best regards.

by anonymous

See below. Could you help?

by anonymous

Hello,

You didn't take a screenshot of the section I asked you to. But based on your last screenshot, you can see that there is a mobile connection via SIM1 and you can see the IP address that the mobile operator assigned.

For diagnostics LTE modem, connect to the device via SSH (https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/AT_Commands) and execute the commands:

gsmctl -w -m -a - output manufacturer, model, serial number of modem.

gsmctl -i -J - output IMEI, SIM ICCID

gsmctl -z -x - SIM status output, IMSI

gsmctl -A ATE

gsmctl -A AT+CPIN? - PIN status

gsmctl -A AT+CREG? - the status of registration in the network

Best regards.

0 votes
by anonymous
hi Anton,

Thx for getting back to me. Have looked into log (GUI) and dont find indications. Can the logs be shared with Teltonika for their investigation?

Kind regards, Torben
by anonymous

Hi, the Log is not recorded in WebUI in as much detail as it can be seen via ssh with the logread command. You can copy the output of the logread command and send it to me in a personal message.