FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
745 views 7 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I have multiple RUT950 and trying to activate DOUT1 (The output gpio in 4pin connector) through webgui and CLI. However, when I manually activated through webgui it will not provide any voltage output. I checked the CLI with "gpio.sh get DOUT1", it was 0. Which I then change with "gpio.sh set DOUT1". but with no change. I have each change measured with multimeter and have a LED attach to confirm if sucessfully, but as state it doesnt provide a voltage output.

Have search your community but never seen anything post as to this. Did I miss something?

Additionally, what are the difference here?

5943S 2021-12-22 07:25:03 Output Digital OC output on
5940S 2021-12-21 14:10:35 Output Digital 4PIN output on

Best regards

by anonymous

UPDATED

After searching after post related to this matter, I have got it wrong! (https://community.teltonika-networks.com/11877/input-output). 

However, I havent been able to find any documentation or posts that implies that this relay setup shouldnt work for RUT950. (https://community.teltonika-networks.com/6608/teltonika-rutx09-input-output-how-to) 

But following the setup as the diagram, I cant change if the output should ground or not, which makes the LED be active entire time. Can any1 point me in a direction of controlling it ?

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello, 

Actually, the 4PIN output and Digital OC output in RUT950 is the same I/O there is no difference between those two. 

Now regarding the question about powering the device, it will not have any voltage output because it is usually used for switching or to control a relay. 

For more understanding if you want to power up something it will be like this:

RUT240 Relay to Open Collector Output - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Regards,
Jerome

by anonymous
Hello Jerome,

Thanks for clarify it!
Could you confirm if both should have the same state(high or low) when using gpio.sh get in CLI. Because I have the setup as your diagram. However, I cant change the state of LED, depending on the setup if LED positive is connected to either NC or NO, then it will always keeps active or inactive even if changing DOUT state.

Fyi, my name convention of IO is as following:

Relay:

A1 = positive, dc power supply

A2 = negative, dc power supply

COM = Power supply

either NC/NO = postive, LED

GND = negative, dc power supply.

Anyway, I wish you merry christimas :)
by anonymous

Hello, 

For your question, once there are changes in DOUT it should change the value via "gpio.sh get DOUT1" so if it's low the value will be 0 and when it is high it will be 1. 

So in this case the SW will be triggered when DOUT is 1 and LED1 will glow and LED2 will glow when DOUT is 0.

Merry Christmas to you as well :) 

Regards,
Jerome

by anonymous
Thanks for swift reply! Very much appriciated.
But no, I switching the output 1 and 0, but there isnt any change. I was able to test on another RUT950 with older firmware, and I succeded controlling it with same method. So there must be software related issues?

Best regards.
by anonymous

Hi, 

Are you testing it with the latest firmware RUTOS 7.0??? it will be via ubus call not in gpio.sh anymore 

Example:

ubus call ioman.gpio.din1 update '{"value": "0"}'
ubus call ioman.gpio.dout1 update '{"value": "0"}'

You can find it here: RUT955 Input/Output - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

I/O mapping is there as well. 

Regards,
Jerome

by anonymous

Thank you for the advice.

The first devices firmware was RUT9XX_R_00.06.08.5
and its responding on the ubus cmd.: Command failed: Not found

The other device where it works is: RUT9XX_R_00.06.06.1

Best regards
Thomas

by anonymous

Hello, 

In the legacy firmware RUT9XX_R_00.6.X.X you will use the command gpio.sh while in the RUTOS firmware RUT9_R_7.X.X above you will use ubus call ioman. 

RUT9XX_6.X.X:
gpio.sh invert DOUT1 -> To turn on and turn off the DOUT1 (use gpio.sh get DOUT1 to get the status)

RUT9XX_7.X.X: 
ubus call ioman.gpio.dout1 update '{"value": "0"}'

I hope this solves your issue. 

Regards,
Jerome