FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
255 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I am using my RUTX09 in load balancing mode with ratio of 2 for the WAN and 1 for LTE. All is working well except when I try and use the web hosting administration sites such as GoDaddy or TSOHost. Both are using CPanel for shared internet hosting and I am forever being asked to log back in as my IP address has changed. Obviously this is because sometimes I am connecting to the site with WAN and sometimes with LTE. Is there a workaround for this problem ? It would be odd that I would have to turn off load balacing whenever I want to access webmail/cpanel.

Thanks

Nick

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

The simplest workaround is to force the addresses in question to go only through one interface, for example from a ssh or CLi console:

ip route add www.GoDaddy.com dev eth1
ip route add www.TSOHost.com dev eth1

for the WAN interface.

If that works for you, put the rule in System->Custom scripts or add routes in Network->Routing

Regards,

by anonymous
I didn't realise that static routing could do this sort of thing. Thank you.

I found that ip route add doesn't like url's but does work with a static ip address. I tested the command out on my VPS which is also running cPanel and was also displaying the same ip address changed message. I found that:

ip route add xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx dev eth1

actually stopped all accesses (where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx was set to the VPS static ip). What did work was:

ip route add xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx via 192.168.2.1 dev eth1

where 192.168.2.1 is the Google Home router running in DHCP mode connected to the RUTX09 lan.

I'm not sure why I had to add the via command to get this to work? If I plug a computer directly into the RUTX09 lan will it no longer work as the request is not coming via the Google Home router? I always feel a bit nervous when I don't understand how something is working.

Thanks
by anonymous
oh, just realised that 192.168.2.1 is actually the broadband router address connected to the wan port and not the Google home! Still not sure why I had to add the broadband routers ip address in the via command to get this work as presumed eth1 is the WAN port and therefore can only be connected to 192.168.2.1
by anonymous
The cause of the via requirement is probably a metric issue. A drawing of the network and the complete output of ip route show would help to understand why ip route add xxxx dev eth1 doesn't give the expected result.