FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
615 views 0 comments
by anonymous
My RUTX11 appears to be able to scan and pair with Bluetooth device other than Teltonika sensors - for example it pairs with a Victron SmartSolar MPPT 100/50.  Can I use that Bluetooth connection for anything?  e.g. can it take readings from the MPPT and publish them to a server?  I don't know if there are common standards for Bluetooth in the same way that USB has common standards for audio, HID, etc.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello

While RUTX will be able to see other Bluetooth devices, however pairing in this instance does not work exactly as you would expect. from RUTX perspective it is more like a "registration" of the device from which it would register broadcasted information. In other words while RUTX is listening to the information sent from "paired" BT device, said device does not see RUTX as paired to it.

Another thing is actual Frame format, RUTX is able to parse information received Blue PUCK and Blue COIN since it is being transmitted  in particular frame format, but anything else, even if you would be able to receive it, it will not be readable.

So in short, without having custom bluetooth feature on the router, most likely you will not able to use it for anything else than currently supported BLE4.0 sensors.

Regards,

Vidas.
Best answer