FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
183 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I have a problem with a RUTX12. 

I use OpenVPN and want to access devices on the LAN and the router. 

The router connects as a client to an OpenVPN server. This connection works and from the router I can reach other devices in the VPN. 

I can not access the router via OpenVPN. 

• RUTX_R_00.07.00 no access to router and LAN 
  • RUTX_R_00.07.01 only access to router
  • RUTX_R_00.07.01.2 no access to router and LAN

Current configuration:

• Firmware version: RUTX_R_00.07.01.2
  • Firmware build date: 2022-01-04 10:10:21
  • Primary modem firmware version: EG06ELAR03A05M4G
  • Kernel version: 5.4.147
  • Hardware revision: 0303
  • Batch number: 0007

Port forwarding from the WAN works.

I have a RUT955 with firmware RUT9_R_00.07.00.2 and OpenVPN works as it should without any problems. 

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

This sound like a firewall-related issue. Could you please just confirm whether you're configuring your OpenVPN tunnel by importing a configuration file, using NordVPN/ExpressVPN or fully configuring every setting via WebUI? If possible please login to the CLI (SSH) and then execute the following command line:

uci set firewall.@zone[2].device='tun+' && /etc/init.d/firewall reload && /etc/init.d/openvpn reload

This should set your openvpn zone to expect any interface (device) with name tun+ to respect the openvpn firewall zone rules.

Let me know if this works

This is a custom step in case you're using hotspot services

Please note, however, that if you're using hotspot services & interfaces this will also affect them. In that case I recommend setting static "dev tun" interface name in the .ovpn configuration file or via "Custom options" in the web UI. For example, you may set it to "dev tun50" and then assign only a specific device (interface) from OpenVPN side:

uci set firewall.@zone[2].device='tun50' && /etc/init.d/firewall reload && /etc/init.d/openvpn reload

Best regards,

Tomas. 

by anonymous

uci set firewall.@zone[2].device='tun+' && /etc/init.d/firewall reload && /etc/init.d/openvpn reload

by entering the line the router can be accessed again via VPN but the port forwarding does not work.