FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
204 views 2 comments
by anonymous

I currently have an issue adding a "Description" to files in the files area.

I can select the edit icon against a relevant file, then enter the description I need and save, and RMS confirms "File Updated Successfully", but actually the comment is NOT added.

Tried in Edge and Chrome, both same results.

Our setup consists of:

PARENT COMPANY
      2nd Level Company
      3rd Level Company

The issue occurs when trying to edit description on files from 2nd & 3rd level.    Parent company edit function works fine.

Is this by design? or an issue?    If by design, its a bit quirky as we really need to be able to add the descriptions.

The workaround is to download the file, then upload it back and in the files box there is an option to add a description, that element works, but all a bit clunky 

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

I have just tried to upload a file with my parent (main) company and added a description. Once the file is uploaded, I have logged in to my 2nd level company and managed to change the description successfully. Could you post instructions step by step so that we could try to reproduce the issue you are currently facing?

Regards.
by anonymous

The following is the process I exactly followed:

• Login to RMS - Go to FILES
  • Select an appropriate file belonging to 3rd level Company
  • Select the EDIT FIELD button on DESCRIPTION for the file
  • EDIT Window pops up, and I can enter some text
  • Hit SAVE button after entering text - File Updated Successfully appears
  • NO Change/Text Added into box does not appear on the file "Description" box
I also had another user follow the same process and they got the same result.
If I go to FILES, then filter to only show files from the main Company, then yes I can edit the files and add a description
by anonymous
Any further ideas on this with the RMS Portal, its still an issue and a pain in the butt when you have a significant amount of files you need to add comments to?