FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
315 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hi, im using the 00.01.14.04 sdk, i would like to add a suffix on my firmware so i can know which FW version is updated to which device. I tried changing the get_firmware_name.sh files (no effect), changing the version. files (but during the build they change into the original name). I tried accessing etc/config/system file via CLI, changed the FW name there and it had no effect (even wrote it under both 'system' and 'device_info'). I can see after rebooting the router the changes via CLI are applied but i can see it only in CLI, not on the webserver. Please help

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for your query.

In such instance, I would recommend using menuconfig , instructions bellow:

1) Navigate to your GPL folder

2) run ./scripts/feeds update -a

3) run make menuconfig

4) Navigate to: Base system -> Branding -> libbrand-versioning

5) Mark both: libbrand and libbrand-versioning with an asterisk(*)

Note: Navigate with arrow keys, and press space button to change between blank, M and *. Make sure you set * on both of these as shown bellow.

6) click Enter on libbrand-versioning a new window will show up, find RUT2Xx PREFIX and click enter.

7) Type in your custom FW prefix and hit enter.

Best Regards,

Dziugas K.

Best answer
by anonymous
Thank you for your help