FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
349 views 3 comments
by anonymous

My RUT240 is continuously giving LAN unplugged events at random intervals (not the hourly intervals posted in other questions). 

I am on firmware version RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.4. Is there any way to resolve this problem? 

Thanks

Muda

by anonymous

Just as a follow up, 

The data connection on the device is still disconnecting randomly. I have set the auto reboot function "wget reboot" to check every 15 minutes for a connection and reboot if there is none. It seems that this sometimes works, as in it will reboot but the data connection does not always establish. 

I then have to connect to the device either by LAN or wifi (which involves me driving to its location 8 miles away!!) and in the network tab reregister the device.

Is there a better way to do this other than having to physically connect to the router? I have tried setting wget to reregister but that made no difference and I would have to manually reregister the device to a network. 

Muda

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi, there are no problems with the wire that the device is connected to? 

If the device is new and still under warranty, then you need to contact your sales manager.

If the router can keep the link for 5-10 minutes, then you can try updating the firmware to the current one according to the instructions https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT240_Firmware_Downloads

Best regards.

by anonymous
Hi, Thanks for the quick response.

I changed the ethernet cable just incase this was the problem and so far it appears to be holding a connection.

It has been over 4 hours now without disconnecting, whereas before it would only hold a connection for around 20-30 mins.

Funny thing is, the cable is the one that was supplied with the router and it is only 3 weeks old.

If I do not reply again you can take it that the cable was at fault.

All the best

Muda
by anonymous
I have factory reset the device and still the problem persists. After 20 - 30 mins the data connection is lost and the only way to reestablish it is to manually connect to the device and under the network tab reregister it that way. I think this device might have to go back for repairs, I have it less than a month. My other rut240 is now functioning correctly.

muda