FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
924 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Since upgrade to 07.01.2, RUT240 is not passing external IP via Passthrough or Bridge modes. I can see the IP address in MOB1S1A1 in Interfaces and can access the Internet OK in NAT mode, but my Draytek router is not receiving the external IP.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I've tested it on my end and it seems to be working fine. Could you confirm that the MAC address of your end-device is entered correctly in the configuration? There may be some issues with that part. Also, as far as I know, in case DMZ was configured before in the firewall rules, that may be preventing the proper functionality of this feature.

I'd recommend swapping to NAT mode, then swapping back to Bridge or Passthrough and re-entering the MAC address just to make sure no issues occurred when upgrading the firmware. If that doesn't help, please set the mode which used to work before upgrading and send me a troubleshoot file via private message.

What's a troubleshoot file and how to generate it?

A Troubleshoot file contains a device's event logs, configuration files and other info useful for diagnostics. It can be downloaded from your device's WebUI, Troubleshoot page:

System → Administration → Troubleshoot

Best regards,

Tomas.

by anonymous
Tomas,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I've double checked the MAC address and it's correct. I switched back to NAT mode, then to Passthrough as suggested, no joy. I also created a second profile with duplicate settings, same result. The Firewall rules are at default state, I've never edited them.

I will send you the troubleshoot file as requested.

Thanks & regards, Roger
by anonymous

Might be worth noting that I'm seeing the exact same issue with the RUT360 and firmware RUT36X_R_00.07.01.2

I've downgraded to factory default RUT36X_R_00.07.00 and it's working for the first time (after 4 hours of smacking my head against this issue).

Not tested with the intermediate (RUT36X_R_00.07.01) as it's not available.

by anonymous
I had a failure with 07.01.1. The WebUI got stuck at "loading" with spinning wheel. I had to downgrade to 14.3 via bootloader, then 1.4 and finally 07.01.2.

The problem seems to be APN/RAM related. With versions 14.3 & 14.4 loaded, the mobile data won't connect, status remains "disconnected". With 07.01.2, it connects and an IP is assigned, but the IP isn't reported to the nominated MAC address.

Overnight, the device became unresponsive and I had to start again via bootloader. Attempted to upload 07.01.2 and received a checksum error, uploaded 14.4, applied settings and updated to 07.01.2.