FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
297 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Bug in FW: MQTT "router/get -m 'wan'" always returns "N/A"on topic  "router/######/wan" even with WAN IP is set in UI and router has a valid internet connection.

Remark: Seems to be the same bug as in FW R_00.06.1. The bug was fixed in FW R_00.06.2 - 4!

Please fix A.S.A.P and MAKE SURE IT STAYS FIXED! This is becoming very annoying!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I've tested it on my end and it seems like the issue occurs on legacy firmware only. Could you please try upgrading the firmware version to the latest, 7.1.2 firmware without keeping settings if your device is compatible? To download the firmware and check if your device supports the latest firmware, please head over to our wiki page here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_Firmware_Downloads

Please note that FW version RUT9_R_00.07.00 and above will not be supported on legacy-design (RUT955 *7V***) devices. In that case I'm afraid currently there is nothing else that can be done except downgrading firmware back to the firmware with which the MQTT WAN topic used to work with.

Best regards,

Tomas.

by anonymous
What a confusing response. Lucky I did not upgrade to Latest FW which could have bricked the device as it actually is a RUT *7V***.
1. Does this mean there will be no more updates for this device?
2. Does htis mean there will be NO SECURITY UPDATES for this device?
This device was bought in 2017 and at "age of 5 years" no more support?
NOT VERY CUSTOMER FRIENDLY for a premium INDUSTRIAL device where 10+ years are expected for a PREMIUM price!
by anonymous
Hello,

Unfortunately, in this case there is nothing that could be done besides downgrading to the older firmware with which the MQTT topic used to work or getting a device with newer design. Regarding the issue - it has been known for some time now but at the moment there is no definitive milestone on the hotfix for the legacy firmware branch.

Best regards,

Tomas.