FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
228 views 4 comments
by anonymous
All,

I was adviced to reboot to factory as I could not see packages like 'DDNS'. Before the reset I saved the configuration.

One the router was up with its default settings, I was able to download the packages DDNS as well as TCPdump. Once these two packages  were installed I restored the configuration from the backup which I made prior the reset.

But after the config (re)load the router rebooted every x minutes, from the system log I found something with memory at that time TCPdump was enabled. As soon as I could after the reboot I disabled the TCPdump. After that it seems to be more stable but even than the router goes rebooted again after some hours.

The strange part is, that in the past (prior reset to factory) I never faced this issue and the router stayed always up only 2 a 3 minutes a day not reachable due to a DHCP renewal.

Can you help me with this?

I created a troubleshoot file which has been attach to this thread.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

I would like to ask if you could by navigating to the SYSTEM > ADMINISTRATION > TROUBLESHOOT select that logs would be saved in the flash memory? When logs will be saved in the flash memory they will not be lost after the device reboot. After the issue will repeat, please generate a new troubleshoot file and attach it to this query or you can send it to me by private message.

Regards,
by anonymous
I found out that tcpDump was causing the memory issue and this caused the reboot of the router.

Another thing, a WAN IP renewal will take about at least two minutes, is this normal behavior?

Kind regards,

Johan
by anonymous
Can you elaborate if this is wired WAN or wireless WAN? What has been executed with the device before WAN IP renewal action takes place?
by anonymous
This is a Wireless WAN (Mobile network 3/4G). The mobile provider gives every 24 hour a new IP to it's devices. With the RUT240 it takes about 2 a 3 minutes before I will have Internet again.

Johan
by anonymous

Hello,

2-3 minutes is the normal time to connect to the mobile network. Time can differ because of various circumstances. If you would provide me the troubleshoot file (you can send me in the private message) I will doublecheck if there is no issue in the connection process.

Regards,