FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
245 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Good Morning,

Since the release of RUTX_R_00.07.01.2 the MIB file has been updated to include the IO state information.

In the MIB file, the use of IO_Entry is creating syntax errors due to the use of the underscore in below:

ioTable OBJECT-TYPE

SYNTAX      SEQUENCE OF IO_Entry

MAX-ACCESS  not-accessible

STATUS      current

DESCRIPTION

"A list of I/O.  The number of entries is given by the value of ioCount."

::= { io 2 }

ioEntry OBJECT-TYPE

SYNTAX      IO_Entry

MAX-ACCESS  not-accessible

STATUS      current

DESCRIPTION

"An entry containing information of a particular I/O."

INDEX   { ioIndex }

::= { ioTable 1 }

IO_Entry ::=

SEQUENCE {

ioIndex         INTEGER,

ioSystemName    DisplayString,

ioName          DisplayString,

ioType          DisplayString,

ioBidirectional INTEGER,

ioState         DisplayString,

ioInput         INTEGER,

ioInverted      INTEGER,

ioCurrent       DisplayString,

ioPercentage    DisplayString

}

As per ASN.1, underscores cannot be in the identifiers

When updating my monitoring software with this new MIB, it broke all the sensor discovery, so had to revert. 

Can this please be looked at by the Dev team and resolved?

Thanks,

Hugh

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for the information. We have informed our RnD department about this issue. We have used Mibrowser and SnmpSharpNet to test the values. These applications interpret MIB files with underscore properly.

Regards.
by anonymous

If the RnD team use a MIB syntax checker, such as the https://www.simpleweb.org/ietf/mibs/validate/, they can see the issues

by anonymous
Hello,
I see this issue hasn't been addressed in the latest firmware update. Is this something that is planned to be addressed or should I be making alternate arrangements to manually change the MIB file myself for my organisation's purposes?
It would be good if the Dev team could make this very minor code change to bring the MIB file syntax into line.
Thanks,
Hugh.