FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
742 views 11 comments
by anonymous
I have some issues with one of our RUTX09 routers. It will often lose its connection. The router downstream reports the RUTX09 to be disconnected/connected multiple times as if it would have been rebooted. When this happens it will usually come back online after a few minutes. However, sometimes it will not come back online but lose its mobile connection entirely. When logging into the RUTX09, I can see that MOB1S1A1 is stopped. The mobile option is gone and the device needs to be restarted to get it back. I tried factory reset and updating to the latest firmware which did not solve the issue. Any advice?
by anonymous
Hi, what firmware do you have? Have you installed the latest available on the site?

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Firmware was installed from server through the router interface. According to the router interface, I have the latest version: RUTX_R_00.07.01.2

0 votes
by anonymous
The same problem. What to do?
by anonymous

Hello,

would like you to send me a troubleshoot file. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous

Hello,

I would like you to update your device's modem firmware. Before attempting the update, you need to connect your router a different WAN source, either wired or wireless. Below are the the instructions:

• Access your device via SSH and execute the following commands:
    • opkg update
    • opkg install modem_updater
    • opkg install sshfs
    • modem_updater -g
  • The last command will list available firmware versions. Next modify the following command:
    • modem_updater -i <ID> -v <VERSION>
      • <ID> - should be 3-1, however, in case of an error you should be shown a correct ID.
      • <VERSION> - enter the latest firmware version from the list of the previously executed command, it could be EG06ELAR04A08M4G.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous
Thanks, I will try tomorow. One question, Does updating the entire firmware also update the firmware of the modem?
by anonymous
Modem firmware requires a separate update.

Best regards
by anonymous

I did it more than one to be sure ;) Some errorrs appeared. Finally it seems nothing changed. Still EG06ELAR04A04M4G

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0a3jw2nzs6mz5q/RUTX09%20log.txt?dl=0

by anonymous
Hello,

When updating, you need to have internet access from other interface than the mobile, when updating.

Did you connect the router to the internet via ethernet cable from another router or connected it to an access point, as from the records you have submitted, it seems that the device simply does not have internet connection?

Best regards
by anonymous
The last try was with internet from WAN port (there was no sim in the RUTx09).

root@Teltonika-RUTX09:~#  Timeout while mounting with sshfs. Your ISP might be blocking ssh connections.

it means SSH connection from where to where

any advice?
0 votes
by anonymous

root@Teltonika-RUTX09:~#  Timeout while mounting with sshfs. Your ISP might be blocking ssh connections.

it means SSH connection from where to where

by anonymous
Hello,

Could you test this procedure with a different internet provider or network as your WAN source??
by anonymous
I shared internet from my laptop (Laptop has also LTE modem with Tmobile card) via windows internet share. LAN from laptop connected to WAN in ROUTX09.

I will try with other ISP, but it will be good to know what the error exactly means. SSH connection from where to where. It would be easier to investigate where is the problem.
by anonymous
The issue might be exactly what is says: „Your ISP might be blocking ssh connections“

The way this updater works is it mounts remote directory using SSHFS and then uses it download the files necessary, while it is updating. The issue is, that the firmware file needed is quite big and it does not fit in the RAM memory of the router. Due to that, the only way for updating the modem is to not use mobile internet connection.

Best regards