FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
974 views 4 comments
by anonymous

I have read couple topic’s here about the plan to connect the RUT Router via VPN with a fritzbox but unfortunately I haven't found the solution.

I´m using the VPN-Service on my fritzbox the last 8 Jahrs without any problem but I failed to connect the RUT950 via IPSec to my fritzbox.

I don't know why you created your Interface so complicated...

We just need the opportunity to put in the following details for a IPSec connection to the fritzbox.

Serveradress / Server: 

IPSec-ID / Groupename: 

IPSec-Key / Shared Secret: 

Username / Account: 

Password:

Every iOS device or Android device can build up a tunnel with this info. To configure this in the RUT950 it looks like I have to study rocket science. It would be nice to get an introduction how to put the details in your Webinterface or you update the Interface.

All the questions in the forum are showing, that this point is an necessary topic for couple users

3 Answers

+1 vote
by anonymous
Same here, i agree! (RUTX11 but same Problem)
+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello, 

For this inquiry of yours, may I know what firmware are you using on your RUT950?? 

If you are using 6.08.X Firmware kindly try this configuration. 

Phase 1 Config: 

Phase 2 Config:

Preshared Key:

Kindly input the necessary data to the highlighted textbox for the RUT950 config with Fritzbox. 

If the IPSec connection is not working, kindly share with me a copy of the troubleshoot file via PM

Regards,
Jerome

by anonymous
That’s exactly what I already tested before, I think the problem is the missing possibility to put the Groupname in because the FRITZ!box needs the Pre-shared key and a groupname.
by anonymous
Hi,

As mentioned kindly share a copy of the troubleshoot file via PM with the said configuration above

Regards,
Jerome
by anonymous
Hello Jerome,

i use the FW 7.02.7 and it looks diffrent to your Screenshots, please, can you give me an Example, how i have to put in the same informations?

Thanks a lot!
0 votes
by anonymous

Confirm same on a RUT955 - FW version: RUT9XX_R_00.06.08.3

VPN Configuration on fritzbox side works fine with an iPhone

Just to make sure the fields are filled out correctly and contain right format:

Local IP adress/Subnet mask  192.168.1.0/24

Remote IP address/Subnet mask 192.168.10.0/24

My Identifier "Username / Account provided by Fritzbox"

Xauth password "corresponding Password to Username"

Please confirm / correct and advise on next steps to fix

Thanks Mirko

by anonymous
It works with the iPhone because you put the Groupname into your Configuration as well. Without the groupname iOS and MacOS aren’t able to build up a tunnel.

The simple question is, how to manage this with the Rut950?!

I will share my troubleshooting protocols as soon as possible with him but I thinks this is the main reason why I haven’t worked till yet.