FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
380 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hi, i'm using RUT955 to send data by HTTPs, 

I configured to read modbus data every 1 minute and send to server every 30 mins:

Test-result is as per the attached excel

-> Seem the internal timer of module is not working properly; you can see my calculated column (diff), the actual interval is various, not consistent

Do we have any chance to resolve this data interval issue? 

Thank you so much!

Appreciate your help!

by anonymous
hello.

I would like to know what type of server you configured to receive that data.

I would appreciate it in advance if you can help me even with the source.

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello, 

May I know what firmware are you having this issue with? Are you using Legacy Firmware for this device? 

As you mentioned you attached as per excel file but I didn't see anything attached. Also, I would like to get a copy of your troubleshooting file. 

You can get the RUT troubleshoot file from System > Administration > Troubleshoot.

Kindly share it via PM. 

Regards,
Jerome

by anonymous

I will send the log file but this is issue with internal timer of Modbus Read timer or Modus Data to Server timer. The previous attached file is excel file to show the various timestamp were captured. Time_diff of message should be same but currently, it's not. Not sure anyone has this exp before. Seem forum has error w Max12000 char

by anonymous
Hello,

Kindly send the files via PM for us to do the checking.

Thank you.

Regards,
Jerome
by anonymous
I experienced the same issue when using data to server. I believe there is a bug in the User interface.

Modbus Data to Server service has a setting called "period" the mouse over help suggests that this is set in seconds and that the minimum setting is 1 (second).

I suggest that in reality this "period" setting is minutes.

If Data to server "period" set at 1 and Modbus Master TCP set at 10 seconds then my server gets 6 Messages every minute. If the modus master tcp is set at 2 seconds, then my server gets 30messages every minute.

To get 1 message at a time at my server, then the modus master tcp "period" needs to be set at 60 (ie seconds), while the data to server "period" needs to be set at 1. With these settings it is possible for my server to receive 1 message, containing one value from a register, but at a frequency no faster than one message per minute.

These issues have meant that we can't use the RUT955 for our project roll out.