FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
124 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

in Germany some provide have a forced separation. It takes 1 second and then you get a new IP address. Other routers take 5 seconds or some one take 2 minutes to dial back in. And with the Rut240 takes 1 hour without a ping restart and with a ping restart exactly 15 minutes. Is there a way to speed it all up?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Please note that these instructions are for RUT240 with firmware 7.0 or higher.

You could try to enable the "failover" function on a single interface that has the SIM card inserted and provides your device with internet connectivity (mob1s1a1 for example) and then configure it (or leave default settings) to ping any reliable host, for example Google DNS server 8.8.8.8, every few seconds. If you lose connectivity, the interface will be forced to "reload" itself by putting it to "down" state and then bringing it back up a few moments later - this might be enough to bring your internet connection back.

To do this, simply navigate to Network>Failover and enable the mobile interface. Make sure to save & apply the settings and see whether this setting solves your issue in the long run. Please note that if you have a limited mobile data plan, I'd recommend editing the default settings and setting the default interval to a higher (longer) value.

I'm also leaving a wiki link for you for more information about failover here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT240_Failover

Let me know if this works for you.

Best regards,

Tomas.

by anonymous

Hello Tomas,

i have ver.: RUT24_R_00.01.14.4 and i wantnot upade to firmware 7.0 or higher.

Have you a solution for ver.: RUT240_R_00.01.14.4?

Best regards