FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
353 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hello

I am combining two(2) RUT955 units into a Raspberry Pi with Speedify app for LTE bonding. So far its working well. Each RUT955 LAN port is connected into Raspberry Pi USB ports using an adapter. Main  Raspberry Pi's ethernet port is configured to be the output for the bonded networks. Its working well.

I have a configuration question: how can I use Raspberry Pi's output port (ethernet) as the main and only WAN port for one of the RUT955 Wifi interface? I don't want to have failover or load balance with the mobile WAN from the RUT955. Just complete separation.

Could you please help? Thank you,

Daniel

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

For this inquiry of yours, would it be possible for you to create or sketch a network diagram with the IP addressing table you are having? Just for me to grasp the scenario you are trying to implement.

These links may help as well: 

LAN Traffic Splitting Using Advanced Static Routing Rules - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)
RUTX12 Prevent failover in dual network mode - Crowd Support Forum | Teltonika Networks (teltonika-networks.com)
RUTX09 policy base routing for dual WAN - Crowd Support Forum | Teltonika Networks (teltonika-networks.com)

Regards,

Jerome

by anonymous

Hi Jerome

Many thanks. Apologies for the poorly prepared diagrams. I tried to express the idea in the image.

I know that standard RUT955 configuration connects LTE modem to internal WiFi interface. I would like to disable this standard connection and have WiFi interface exclusively connected to WAN port. Hope it will be clear now. If not, please let me know.

Best regards,

Daniel

by anonymous
Hello Daniel,

Thanks for the topology provided. Now, from what I understand you want to connect the RUT955 via WiFi to the RPI bonded output correct? And also at the same time, the SIM Card connectivity is dedicated to LAN 1. But, what is the purpose why are you returning the bonded result on RUT955 again? Kindly clarify this

Regards,
Jerome
by anonymous
Hi Jerome

Exactly, you described very well. My purpose is to install this system in a car using Poynting MIMO-3 antenna (actually I use two of them, one for each RUT). So, I will be able to utilize RUT's WiFi output connected to MIMO-3 antenna. Actually I already did this system and its working well. Only this configuration is missing. Right now I am using the RPI's WiFi, but it is not really good in terms of signal strength around the car, quite limited to inside the car only. Did you like the idea?

Cheers,

Daniel
by anonymous
Hi Jerome

Any suggestion for the configuration I asked?