FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
557 views 6 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you please help me with a RUT240 and Firmware RUT2_R_00.07.01.2?

I have a SIM card inserted and a mobile service provider which has the ability for IPv6 connections
(checked by inserting SIM card in a cell phone and requested a IPv6 check in the internet, which was ok)

But with  the SIM card inserted in the RUT240 I have only IPv4 connections, althoug I have ticked in

Interfaces: mob1s1a1  >    PDP Type: IPv4/IPv6

Could you please advice what I should do?

Thank you very much!

Holger

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you try to change PDP Type to IPv6 only? It could be that it still uses IPv4 as the default one when both are selected. Please inform me if that will help you switch to IPv6 IP.

Regards.
by anonymous

Hello,

I changed PDP Type to IPv6 only according to your advice and then I got a IPv6 address.

But I need both types IPv4 and IPv6 in parallel according the setting PDP Type: IPv4/IPv6.

How can I mange this?

Best regards

Holger

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Mobile could have only one type IP address per interface. If you selecting PDP Type: IPv4/IPv6 you select IPv4 or IPv6, not both.

In this case you are getting IP which carrier are preferring and not requesting one or another IP.

To get both IP you should create another mobile interface and separate PDP types. It would be easier to configure if both interfaces have different APN and PDP type.
by anonymous
Maybe that depends on the mobile operator, but I have both IPv4 and IPv6 on the same interface.
by anonymous
Yes, maybe mobile operator not support both IP on the same interface than.

Or need write a new contract with operator..
0 votes
by anonymous

Hello Midaugas,

Thank you for your explanation and the other comments.

BUT: If I insert the SIM card in my cellphone I have an IPv4 and IPv6 in parallel according to the IPv4/IPv6 check in the internet.

I would be very happy if you could advice more detailed how I can manage IPv4 and Pv6 in parallel on the RUT240 according your proposel:

"To get both IP you should create another mobile interface and separate PDP types. It would be easier to configure if both interfaces have different APN and PDP type."

Unfortunately I'm a newbie with RUT240.

Remark: I have a second RUT240, might this be dependant on the hardware? Should I try the second one?

Thank you very much!

by anonymous

Hello,

Topic is partly solved due to factory reset and changing APN and PDP Type: IPv4/IPv6.

RUT240 shows now in

Network interfaces > LAN  an IPv4 and, below the question mark, also an IPv6 adress.

Network interfaces > MOB1S1A1  an IPv4 and, below the question mark, also an IPv6 adress.

That's fine, but I have still the issue, that my Windows 7 PC, with IPv4 and IPv6 enabled LAN interface directly connected to the RUT240, did not show a IPv6 adress when I test it by the Firefox browser here: https://ipv6-test.com. I get only a IPv4 adress.

As mentioned before, this SIM card in my cellphone gives a IPv4 and IPv6 adress when I test my cellphone by the browser on https://ipv6-test.com

I spent now many hours by checking and modifying many settings on my PC and RUT240 to get IPv6 working on my PC browser, without success.

I would appreciate help from someone who get this working. Until now I can't use both RUT240 which I bought beause I need a IPv6 site to site connection by LTE.

Remark: PDP Type only IPv6 on RUT240 is also not working with my PC and browser.

Thank you very much!

by anonymous
I have the same issue, IPv6 works from the router itself I can reach outside addresses but not from attached devices packets are not forwarded from the lan interface to the wan/wan6. Which prefix prefix your provider gives you ?
by anonymous
Hello,
please see my new question with the summary for better overview from today.