FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
205 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Good evening everyone,

I have an application in which i want to send commands on a Modbus Device over the Gateway TRB145. Is it possible to controll a modbus device over Cumulocity. I have connected the Gateway to Cumulocity but there is no option to controll the Device implemented in the Cumulocity Agent. I know that Cumulocity has the options for Modbus Devices and sending Commands. In the teltonika Cumulocity Configuration I have found:

"By default, example application’s lua script location is „/usr/bin/lua/cm“. Application will scan this folder for any *.lua files and load them if they contains „init“ function. "

But if I search in the device location, I couldn't find the folder „/usr/bin/lua/cm“.
Has the folder been changed or is there an other folder which contains the Application?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

For this inquiry of yours, there is a possibility to control a Modbus device over Cumulocity. But it will require some customized scripts and will require additional research and development to fully implement it. 

But you can refer to this link for your information maybe you can try your custom LUA script for it as well: 
Cumulocity Configuration - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)
SmartREST - Cumulocity IoT Guides

If you want to proceed with this development it would be best to contact your sales account manager. 

I hope this helps

Regards,
Jerome

by anonymous

Hello Jerome,

thank you for your Answer and the Information.

In the link Cumulocity Configuration - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com). I have found that the Script can be customized, but I couldn't find the corespondent folder on my device. There is no „/usr/bin/lua/cm“ folder. I couldn't find where the Scripts are located to customize the Cumulocity connection.

by anonymous

Hello, 

Regarding this matter, kindly try using the 7.01.2 firmware for TRB devices and check again. I am able to manage to see the directory when I connect the device to my Cumulocity account first. Now in CLI try to execute this command "find / -name "cm"" you should be able to see the directory on "/usr/lib/lua/cm"

Let me know the results.

Regards,
Jerome