FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,011 views 0 comments
by anonymous

Hi all,

I would like to put an eSIM on RUT955, I see it is optional/compatible.

I have some questions on how to:

• If I need to create a new subscription, can I change the mobile contract/subscription without accessing the router?

• Can I disable the pin of an esim in order to access?

• Can the sim be activated without access to the router?

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

At this moment there is two types of eSIM: M2M and Consumer. The main difference, between these are how new operator profile is uploaded to them. The M2M type uses so called Push method where new operator profile upload process is initiated from server side. The Consumer type, uses Pull method, with QR codes for example.

RUT95X routers only supports M2M type eSIM's and it requires subscription manager, which will be responsible for profiles management.

Also, it depends on the type of eSIM card. If it is a soldered card, then it can be integrated only in our factory into RUT95X. Embedded SIM (eSIM) is a chip provided by a GSM operator, which can be soldered on RUT955 PCB instead of using a standard SIM card.

Regards.