FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
219 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I was wondering if there is anyway to speed up the time between when a plugged in RUTX device is registered on the RMS portal and when registered device shows up on RMS as online(how long it takes to change from a grey dot to a green dot). Is there any way for the device to be identified faster?

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.
I would like to inform, that registration of new device in RMS could took from minute up to 5.
Registration time mostly depends on quality of internet connection.
If device does not appear as "online" in the RMS in 5 minutes you could manually connect it in Services - Cloud Solutions - RMS.
Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Sigitas
Best answer
by anonymous
Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Can you please confirm that this behaviour you have described is as expected when the RUTX device is plugged in for the first time?

When we plug in a device and register it via the RMS API, will it always at some point become visible on the RMS UI or not?
I have been testing by unregistering the device on RMS, unplugging and replugging it, then registering it on RMS, and it comes up as registered. So I am wondering if the behaviour for a device that has never been plugged or registered is different or whther the firmware version has any effect on the registeration outcome.

I just wish to be sure that if I plug in a new teltonika device that has never previously been registered and register it, the device will at some point without fail show up on RMS.
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like to clarify the situation a bit.

When you plug in a brand new Teltonika Networking Gateway or Router device RMS Connect is enabled on it by default.As a result, it will try connecting to RMS. However, It is required to have an RMS account and to manually add the device to your RMS account for it to show on the system.

There are some considerations:

1.If you have bought the device directly from Teltonika Networks, it will have a credit already(1 month services) which will allow my described functionality to take place.

2. However, if you have bought a device from Ebay or any other trading platform for example and the device has already been added to an RMS account, there will be certain steps that will need to be taken. Firstly, it will have to be manually removed from that account and secondly, it will no longer have the 1 month free service normally available for newly purchased devices. Therefore, it will be required to purchase credits in order for the device to be visible on RMS.

To sum up, yes, I can confirm that if you plug a new teltonika device, that has never previously been registered and you add this device manually to your RMS account(register it on RMS) it will connect to RMS within the time period that my colleague has previously mentioned.(Of course, technical issues due occur, there is always a chance there could be an issue with the device, that would prevent such functionality)

Best Regards,

Dziugas K.