FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
443 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hi, I have a new RUT360 and installed into it the pay monthly Vodafone sim I was using in my Huawei router. Having powered up the 360 I got the indication lights showing 4G with a 2-bar signal.

All my devices can connect to the 360 but all come back with the same message “connected but no internet”

When I connect the LAN cable I can go to 192.168.1.1 and I’m able to run the basic setup wizard which progresses to the RMS section and then comes back with the error message “failed to resolve hostname”

I’ve tried various APN setting and host names but with no success.

I have also pushing the reset button on the front of the unit and ran the Reboot (on the tab below the Setup Wizard) and gone through the setup process again all with the same result - “failed to resolve hostname”

I have successfully registered the device manually by going to the RMS system online and entering the serial number and mac address etc, but it comes back “device status – not activated” which makes sense as they can’t connect.

I have returned the Vodafone sim back to the Huawei router and it works fine.

My IT skills are limited and I’m at a loss what to do next – Please could someone help point me in the right direction?

Many thanks and kind regards - Alan

(Please see attached troubleshooting log)

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.
In order to solve this issue follow these steps:
1. Navigate Network - Interfaces - MOB1S1A1 and edit this interface;
2. Disable option "Auto APN";
3. In the line "Custom APN" add APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk (if your are using prepaid card - pp.vodafone.co.uk).
4. Save and apply configuration.
After that device should receive another IP address and internet will work.

Best regards,

Sigitas

Best answer
by anonymous

Hi Sigitas,

Perfect, many thanks for the quick reply, you’re a star!

Have a great weekend - Alan