FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
438 views 4 comments
by
Hello, I have configured a L2TP with IPSEC on my RUTXR1RUTX_R_00.07.01.2). But no client can be etablished a vpn connection. I have tried with a Windows 10 and a iPhone device. In the logs there are some issues present, when I try to connect. I have tried some other encryption algorithm and authentication on phase 1 and 2. Also I have tried to set it to IKEv1, but no success. At least I rebooted the complete RUTXR1 without any success.

Thomas

Added files:

IPSEC_Config1.JPG
IPSEC_Config2.JPG
logread.png

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like to suggest reviewing our L2TP over IPsec guide: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Connecting_to_the_office_network_remotely_from_your_home_via_VPN_(L2TP_over_IPsec)_using_RUT9xx

Please double-check your settings and configuration process and inform if your PC will be able to connect to RUT.

Regards.

by
Hello, I have deleted the complete configuration and set all new. Now the tunnel are working fine. I don't know, why my first try not working. Thanks.

Regards

Thomas
by
Hello,

I found the reason for the issue. If I set the IPSEC configuration to ikev2, no connection from Windows 10 client can be etablished. If I set it to ikev1 there is no issue and the connection can be etablished.

But another issue with iOS devices - there can not be with any settings connect. Is this a bug? iPhone says "vpn server is not responding"
by anonymous
Hello,

We have a solution for IKEv2 connection for Win10. If you are interested, please contact me via private message or write there.

Regards.
by anonymous

Hi,

I can also confirm that iOS devices (iPhone running iOS v15.4) cannot connect via native L2TP/IPSec VPN client to RUTX11 (configured as VPN server). The error displayed on the phone is always the same: "VPN server is not responding"

RUTX11 is currently running v07.01.4 (latest) but the issue was also present in all previous v07.xx versions. It is important to note however that RUTX v06.x had no such VPN connection problem.

Sergios

0 votes
by

Issue already present with v07.01.4 (latest).