FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
107 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

just working through this document but runs into troubles:

Connecting two same subnet office networks using OpenVPN bridge (TAP) on RUT850 - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

At the beginning, it is written, that we need a 'Public dynamic IP', at the end I should enter the (fix) public IP ...

Please, can anybody clearify that. See also screenshots.

With best regards

Gerhard

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.
I would like to correct you in here.
In the prerequisites are written, that you will need "A public Static or Public Dynamic IP addressess", what basically means, that you will need any type public IP.
This same information was repeated in configuration step, where was asked to enter "RUT OpenVPN server public IP".
I hope it answer your question.

Best regards,

Sigitas

by anonymous

Hello,

sorry. So I have a public dynamic ip using dyndns.org, works fine. What should I type in the box named: RUT OpenVPN server public IP.

In the example there is a IP address, typed in, but I don't know the dynamic assigned public address in advance, so what should I type in?

With best regards

Gerhard