FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
577 views 6 comments
by anonymous

Hello, i have a RUT240 running on RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.5. 

I am trying to configure Modbus master requests to get SIM data, but none of the sim related registers work, i always get 'unexptected response length'. The data is there, because in RMS i see all usage just fine.

Does anyone have an idea how to make this work?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi, I recommend updating the firmware of the device to the current version, follow the link firmware and instructions - https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT240_Firmware_Downloads

next, use the Modbus setup instructions - https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT240_Modbus#Modbus_TCP_slave

To get the RUT240 parameters on another device, it must be configured as a Slave. Master is used to collect data from Slave devices.

Best regards.

by anonymous

Hello, 

The latest firmware contains a number of bugs that make it unusable for us: the modbus service is not installed and when I try to enable it I get a 404 error. Also uploading the package manually does not work. 

by anonymous
Where do you download the Modbus installation package for the old firmware from?

the wiki has packages only for the latest firmware and, accordingly, the work of these packages is not guaranteed on older versions. Online installation for outdated firmware is also not available.
by anonymous

Where do you download the Modbus installation package for the old firmware from?

firmware version RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.5 already has the modbus feature installed out of the box.  

To be clear; the firmware version above is sending other modbus data correctly to my mqtt broker - only the SIMdata is not working. 

Is it correct to say that in this firmware version the SIMdata modbus registers are not working at all, and therefore my only option is to upgrade to the (beta) RUT2_R_00.07.01.2 ?

by anonymous

Hi, I don't have the opportunity to test the old firmware. On the RUT2_R_00.07.00.0 firmware, I received SIM parameters via mqtt.

Version RUT2_R_00.07.01.2 is a stable firmware and has long been out of beta status.

You can also make a backup copy of the current settings on the old firmware, update and if something goes wrong, it will be easy to return to the current state.

by anonymous

Unfortunately,  RUT2_R_00.07.01.2 upgrade on the RUT240 hangs the modem and then needs to be physically hard reset, which means we cannot use it for our remote devices. Maybe we can try with RUT2_R_00.07.00.0 firmware if that seems to work? 

by anonymous
Hi, I don't understand what kind of freezes we are talking about, thousands of RUT240s are running on the RUT2_R_00.07.01.2 firmware without problems. You can try using the RUT2_R_00.07.00.0 firmware and the modbus package for the RUT2_R_00.07.01.2 firmware. But in this case, no one can guarantee the stable performance of the device.

Best regards.