FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
193 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I try to establish a OpenVPN connection to a RUT240 (server) from a Win 7 Laptop (Client).

After fiddling around a lot, I solved all warnings, but still get an error (undifined error, to make things easy).

Facts:

I can ping the router using its dyndns name and get back the (private) address which I see on the status page of the router for the mobile interface. I xxx it out of the log.

Where to check settings? I really tried to do all settings between router and OpenVPN client, no compression on both sides ...

I tried various settings, (cipher) no chance.

With best regards

Gerhard

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi, it needs public IP address for Open VPN server in RUT240. Please contact your service provider to obtain the public IP address for your needs.

Regards,

Ledong

by anonymous

Hi Ledong,

there is a setting for 'address source' in the dyndns config of RUT240.

I set it to public and now I have a public IP.

DNS resolves but ping fails.

Now I have a public IP. >Is this what you want to tell me?

With best regards

Gerhard

by anonymous
Hi, you should contact your mobile service provider to obtain dedicate public IP where is going to be assigned to your mobile interface that being used to host Open VPN server in RUT240.

Regards,

Ledong