FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
182 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hi, I want to by a RUTX14, but I have a question:

Can it make a connection to the internet over WLAN (over a hotspot)? Can it use the external WLAN-ports with an outdoor-antenna, or are the ports only for the internal WLAN?

Sorry, my english is bad...

Thanks Lutz

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.
In order to avoid any misunderstanding I would like to ask if the main question if you could connect to external WiFi to receive connection?
If so, then the answer is yes - you could to that by using WiFi client mode.
More information and instruction could be found in this link.

Regarding the second question, you could connect external antennas to the same antenna connections.
Requirements for external antennas could be found in this link.
Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Sigitas K.

by anonymous
Thanks for your answer.
I'm looking for a solution for a caravan. At the most time the Internet-connection is over LTE, but sometimes is a free hotspot via WiFi available (some campsites). For booth connections I want to use a outdoor-roof-antenna. Is it easy to switch between these two connections, or automatic by failover?
When I use external antennas for WiFi for better reception, than was send the internal WiFi also via the external antenna, or is there an internal antenna in the router?

Best regards
Lutz