FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
538 views 9 comments
by anonymous

hello, logs remain empty on RUTX12 (WebUI), version RUTX_R_00.07.01.4

I reloaded the latest firmware, but the problem persists.

I did a factory reset, but the problem persists, I have no logs.

I loaded the firmware with the bootloader, but that didn't solve anything.

With the online command I view the logs

Thanks for your help

by anonymous
Hello. Thank you for your reply. I have already done the operation of reloading the RUTX_R_00.07.01.2 firmware via the BOOTLODER, then updating to the latest version of the RUTX_R_00.07.01.4 firmware. I added the backup file as requested. Thank you in advance for your help.
by anonymous

Hello,

We have been investigating this issue together with the RnD department, and came to the conclusion that the log file may be corrupted. Could you please try going to the WebUI and head over to the section System → CLI to then log in and type the following command?

rm -f /log/log.db && sleep 3 && reboot

This should delete the current log file and reboot the device in order to allow it to create a new file.

Best regards.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, this Martín, Tech Support Engineer for Teltonika Networks.

After careful reading of the troubleshoot file you have provided, I can indeed see the "logread" process is not booting up correctly as it should. I noticed some incongruences about the way the RUTX12 is calling the process that is in charge of pulling the logread information out to the WebUI, which might be happening due to old configuration files which are conflicting with the updated firmware.

What I can suggest on this case is to send us the backup file of the device, as this will allow us to check more in depth what the problem is and fix it.

In parallel, if you so choose, you can also try performing a downgrade to the RUTX_R_00.07.01.2 firmware to the RUTX12 trough the Bootloader, and then perform an update again to the latest firmware version RUTX_R_00.07.01.4, to see if the downgrade and upgrade of the device, which does a full wipe of the configuration files restores the lost functionality and fixes the issue you are experiencing.

I will leave you with the resources to do this procedure if you want to try it:
RUTX12 Firmware Files
RUTXX Bootloader Firmware Update via Bootloader

by anonymous
Hello. Thank you for your reply. I have already done the operation of reloading the RUTX_R_00.07.01.2 firmware via the BOOTLODER, then updating to the latest version of the RUTX_R_00.07.01.4 firmware. I added the backup file as requested. Thank you in advance for your help.
by anonymous
Hello, is this issue still persisting after the update to RUTX_R_00.07.01.4?
by anonymous
the problem persists with version RUTX_R_00.07.01.4
by anonymous
Hello, can you please review if under Status>Logs>Events Log>All Events you can see the logs correctly?

Also, did you make any new configurations after the factory reset before verifying the issue with the logs?
by anonymous
Hello.

I loaded the firmware with the bootlooder in version RUTX_R_00.07.01.2 then I upgraded to version RUTX_R_00.07.01.4. despite this the logs are not visible. (see screenshot)

Even by redoing the settings, the logs remain empty.

Thanks for your help.
by anonymous

YES ! it works again, all logs are active. Thanks for your help.

(rm -f /log/log.db && sleep 3 && reboot)

by anonymous
Hello Ricky, I'm glad we could be of assistance. We are going to close this case and mark it as closed.

Best regards.