FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
611 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Good day,

Please, I'll like to be shown how to allow access to a few websites on rut950.

I wanted to allow all lan devices to be able to access our VPN (forticlient vpn) our cloud server, yahoomail, Gmail & google.com only.

I have tried using the websites ip which I can't accurately get as it does not connect or taking forever to loan.

Thanks for the urgent assistance

1 Answer

0 votes
by

Hi,

You can use the Web Filter service.

It is not include by default. Go to Services > Package Manager page. Search for Web filter and install it.

Once installed it will be listed on Services. Go to Web Filter, enable it and select the Mode.

Operation Modes are:

Whitelist - allow every site included in the list and block everything else.

Blacklist - block every site included in the list and allow everything else.

Sites can be added under Site Blocking Rules. Then click "Save & Apply"

You can find the Wiki article in these Link.

Regards

AU

by anonymous
Thanks for the response, I am not seeking to use the web filter as it is not a strick rule. Many devices can still access whatsapp and some other apps on their mobile. I am actually looking to the use of Firewall rules, it had been effective but for the IPs of the specific websites I couldn't get right.
by

Hi,

Sure, you can do it with Firewall Rules. Go to Network > Firewall > Traffic Rules. In the bottom section add a new instance of type Forward Rule as the screenshot below.

Set the IP of the site you would like to block (for this Whatsapp example IP address is 157.240.197.60) and Action as Drop.

You can also block a group of IP addresses using CIDR notation in the destination address.

Regards

AU

by anonymous
Thanks AU for your response,

I'd need a favor from you to get the specific IPs of these sites I would like to allow.

Yahoomail.com, Gmail.com & forticlient.com

These are the sites to be allowed and I could not get the specific IPs for them.

Thanks & regards
by

Hi,

Easiest way to find the IP address of a website is by a ping command.

Acces your terminal and use a ping command to the website excuding the "www." part.

As an example check the image below.

IP address is 106.10.248.150

Regards

Anthony