FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
339 views 5 comments
by anonymous
Hello, I am desperately looking for someone to help me (over remote desktop or somehow) to configure that piece.
I was not even able to get the mobile network connected with wifi.
Sounds lame, but I guess it is more difficult than I thought.
I need
1) wifi internet over mobile network
2) lan internet over mobile network
3) connect synology through LAN & configure port forwarding as follows
TCP 873
TCP/UDP 5000
TCP/UDP 21
TCP 7000
TCP 80
TCP/UDP 5001
TCP/UDP 443

Pleeease :-)

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Unfortunately, we can’t do this configuration for you, but in case you need this service provided, you can contact your sales manager or the reseller and ask about it. Otherwise, we have information about these configurations on our wiki pages to help you.

First, make sure the firmware you are using is the latest for your device:

RUT240 Firmware Downloads - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Then, you can check how to configure the wireless access point:

RUT240 Wireless - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

LAN interfaces configuration:

RUT240 LAN - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

And Port Forwarding on the firewall:

RUT240 Firewall - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

by anonymous
Hello, until today, I considered myself somehow computer literate. But it is beyond me how to configure this.
I am unable to even get mobile internet broadcasted through wifi.
Why it cannot be just some switch like on the mobile phone? :-(
Do you have some step by step guide for stupid people like me to get that working please?

I am on latest FW, I cannot count how many factory resets through the button in the back I already performed.
This thing is not easy nor userfriendly :-(
by anonymous

Hi,

We have a video of the quick start guide for RUT240.

Quick Start Guide | Teltonika Networks RUT240 Cellular Router - YouTube

Can you give more detail about which part is not working, the mobile network or the wifi WLAN? Do you have your SIM card installed and providing mobile data connection? Are you getting any error message?

You should be seeing Data Connection status as "Connected" on the webUI, and some signal bars on the right side.

by anonymous

Hello, thank you for the message. 

I attach screen shot right after fresh reset (factory settings).

You can see, SIM is recognised, have signal, even some small packets transfered. However I have no internet on LAN nor wifi network.
Can you please advice me how to enable this mobile internet on LAN & wifi?

by anonymous

Hi,

Could you verify if the APN is correct? Please consult with your operator what APN you have to use. If it’s not, you can change it manually going to the option Networks > Interfaces > MOB1S1A1. There you will need to uncheck Auto APN and enter a custom APN.

You can find more information on the wiki page:

RUT240 Interfaces - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

If the issue persists, please go to option System > CLI and log in with username “root” and password (the same password you use to log in to webUI). Then type the command “ping 8.8.8.8”, wait a few seconds and stop it pressing Ctrl+C. You could share the result with a screenshot. This is to check if you have internet connectivity from the router.

by anonymous
Hey,

Should someone have same problems as I described:
1) APN was not correct, when fixed, I was able to access internet
2) I had to request public IP from mobile network provider. It was not possible to access the device remotely otherwise
3) after I set port forwarding, it started to work, but I had to redirect port 80 to other one as it is used by synology

All is good now. Thanks for the help