FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
343 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hi!

A bit of a newbie here. Moving to a house without fiber connection and I want to take my current Unifi-setup with me. I tried setting up the RUTX09 in bridge mode (entered the USG MAC address in the RUT-configuration as I've read about in multiple sources) but the connection I got out of the Unifi-system was not usable. Sometimes websites would loud, sometimes not. I couldn't do a proper speed test. After hours of troubleshooting I put the RUTX09 in NAT mode and everything worked just fine.

What could I have done wrong in this setup and why is NAT working so well? Now I have a possible double NAT situation on my hand but the kids can watch Netflix all they want, and in the end maybe that is the most important thing?

1 Answer

0 votes
by
Hi,

Bridge and Passthrough mode are straight forward settings. Just to make sure, are you setting it up with your WAN Unifi MAC address?

Can you do a tracert to any internet IP address and share results?

Regards

Anthony