FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
492 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

we need to create a mesh wifi with RTX12 but there is no documentation in the manual.

Anyone can help?

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Unfortunately but we don't have step by step guide on the Teltonika wiki about WiFi Mesh yet. This is a fairly new feature that only appeared with RutOS 07.01.

I like to share with you the basic steps to help you test the WiFi mesh.

One router in the mesh, must be connected to the internet. This will be the Mesh gateway, which will supply the DHCP and also handle the firewall/NAT. These settings are enabled by default

For the other routers (Mesh points)

• Network->Interfaces->LAN change Protocol to dhcp

And all of these steps should be done for each router in the mesh network (Mesh gateway and Mesh points)

1. Network->Wireless open the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz (must be same on all routers) default interface configuration (Access Point) and change the SSID and password so that it matches on all routers (This will be the wifi that users connect to)
  2. Network->Wireless add a new 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz (must be same on all routers) interface
  • In GENERAL SETUP tab change Mode to mesh and enter mesh id (must be the same on all routers)
  • In WIRELESS SECURITY tab change Encryption to WPA3-SAE and enter in a password (must be the same on all routers)
  • In ADVANCED SETTINGS tab enable Forward mesh peer traffic and set RSSI threshold for joining to -80

Now clients can connect to the wifi created in step 1, and move around the building. The wifi will automatically reconnect to any mesh router, and since they are bridged to lan, you are still going to be connected to the same network.

Best regards.

by anonymous
To get mine to register clients with each other, I also set my modems to the same WiFi Channel (not Auto) and selected the correct Country Code in the Global WiFi settings.
by anonymous
Quick question, I hope you can answer soon. After setting up the wifi to mesh mode, will I still be able to have just 1 SSID or just 1 access point for both the 2.4 ghz and the 5 ghz, or will they be two separate networks? Is there anyway it can be created just as one network those two?

Thanks in advance,