FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,461 views 2 comments
by anonymous

RUT950 MO1290 firmware RUT9XX_R_00.06.00.

Application is in Denmark.

SIM1 works fine, has 4G data connection to telco company 3 DK (roaming on Australian SIM)

SIM2 is new and is supposed to have 4G data connection to telco company Telenor

I have been configuring the device via teamviewer to a laptop which gets it's internet from the RUT950.

SIM1 has been the primary and working but I wanted to make the new SIM2 be the primary as it has a larger data capacity. I modified the SIM switching setting to the the following pictures:

When I clicked on Save, it lost comms for a bit but came back and the logs on the Teltonika overview page indicated that it did get data connection to Telenor on SIM2, but it switched back to SIM1. I gave the device a reboot and it lost comms and has not recovered since. The device is now offline on the RMS as well.

I know the phone number of SIM1 only, and it has not responded to SMS.

I am not sure what has gone wrong, and it looks like the device will need to be checked on location. The device has a daily reboot scheduled so I can wait till then but I don't think it will recover given i had done a reboot manually.

Can anybody see if I have set any config incorrectly?

Thank you

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

I think router went to sim switching loop. Because you have set "Check interval: 10". Probably it is not enough to connect to operator and router switch to another one SIM card and it repeats.

Does your SIM which phone number you know support SMS? If yes try to send this SMS: <router webui password> <status> for example: admin01 status

Tell me if you will get answer.
by anonymous
Thanks for the response. Switching loop is a possibility, but I would've thought even if 5 seconds (I had thought this interval was in minutes when I set this, but apparently it's in seconds) is not enough for SIM2 to obtain data connection, it should fail over to SIM1 which is working, and be online with that SIM for 20 minutes at least (as per the Swith back to primary after timeout setting).

I do know SIM1's phone number, but am not sure if it supports SMS. I have sent a reboot and status command to it (from Australia) but have not received anything back.
by anonymous
If router do not answer to SMS, and if it do not boot after periodic restart, then unfortunately last way will be to reach it locally.