FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
435 views 4 comments
by anonymous

I have a 2 x TRB140(1) devices, both seem to have failed and produce no USB or Ethernet connection when powered on
Power light is on, all signal strength lights blink together.

I followed the restore procedure here:
https://community.teltonika-networks.com/24536/trb-140-fw-error-after-update?show=32046#a32046

Recovery using UBI files using TRB1401_R_00.01.06
This worked to bring the device to life and I can get into the WebUI now

The problem is updating the firmware from 1.06.1 to the legacy TRB1401_R_00.02.03.2_LEGACY.bin, as described here:
https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/TRB140_Legacy_FW_Upgrade_Instructions

The firmware loads to the device and allows me to click proceed.  The signal leds start flashing in order, one after the other, for a short while and then I hear the noise of the USB disconnecting, presumably the device is rebooting, and then I am back to where I started, no usb or ethernet connection and the signal lights just flash forever.

How do I get the legacy firmware to load so I can update to the latest?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

If you are using FW version TRB140X_R_00.01.06.1 or older on your TRB140 gateway, you will need to follow these instructions in order to successfully upgrade your device's FW to a later version. Or install the latest software through WebUI during initial recovery process.

If this does not work, you can contact reseller for a product return - RMA.

Best regards.

by anonymous
Thanks for the reply but these are the instruction I already followed that do not work.  I guess my only option is RMA

I don't think we will be purchasing anymore of these devices as they seem unreliable which is something critical for us (remote location installs)
by anonymous
Fredie,

did you see the private message I sent you 4 days ago? If the steps in it did not help restore the router and install the latest version of FW, it remains a RMA.
by anonymous

Hi SarunasKa 

I only saw it yesterday, thank you for the information

I followed your instructions and was able to update with legacy 02.03.2. Success!!
From there I was able to update to the latest firmware 07.01.4. Success!!

Unfortunately the modem does not seem to be responding, I get the following in the log:
gsmd[find_modem_vidpid_by_id():752]: Modem not found...

Any idea if this is fixable?

by anonymous

Are you sure your product code is TRB140 1*****? Did you used the appropriate firmware TRB1401_R_00.02.03.2_LEGACY.bin?

Basically on the restore method I provided, was enough to install TRB1_R_00.07.01.4 right away, you don't need to use legacy FW.

If you are unable to restore the modem, take a screen shot of Status> System page and send it to me via private message. 

I will try to find the right modem firmware version for you, so you could try to update it.