FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
149 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Load balancing mode, and 3 WAN's (as pictured) If 1st wan drops I loose Internet completely until it's up again.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

No, this is not normal Load Balance behavior. Load Balancing is a method of dividing traffic between multiple WAN interfaces. Load Balancing can be used to share the data load between different interfaces. If one interface is down, all others will be used for internet connection. Note that Load Balancing does not bond the connections together, but distributes the available resources among connections. For example if you have run PING requests to external host and the wired WAN is gone, you must restart PING for the connection to be established through another interface.

Additionally, double check for non-standard traffic rules or Load Balancing policies. Temporarily turn them off if you find one.

Regards.

by anonymous
Actually I have the same behaviour in failover mode, it simply does not work in the latest fw for me

only primary is used, if primary is down, none of the devices connected have "internet" until primary comes up.

2 x RUTX12 - and 3 unlimited 4G simcards with 3 different carriers, 3 external antennas, and I have still not added anything when it comes to performance or uptime - from what I can get thru sharing my phone's internet ....

This is the Most expensive experience or should I say - experiment.... with Teltonika.
- I started out with a RUT950 - I should just have kept that one .... at least it does what it's supposed to.