FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
828 views 4 comments
by anonymous
I need to transfer data between two routers that use sim cards with private APN. Imagin router 1 has the WAN IP address of 10.x.x.a and router number 2 has the WAN IP address of 10.x.x.b. Each router has a local IP address  (192.168.0.10).

I want to transfer data from

192.168.0.254  connected to router 1 to the other system with the IP address of 192.168.0.253 connected to router number 2.

So I tried to use port forwarding in a manner that for router 1 => external port:4025 ; inetrnal IP address: 192.168.0.254 ;inetrnal port:4025

It means that router 2  with IP address of 10.x.x.b:4025 sends data to 10.x.x.a then 192.168.0.10 get the packet and forward it to 192.168.0.254. But I am using Wirescark and in the terminal "netstat -a" but such a port is not available.

I am also using other software with my other sim cards having public IP address of 90.113.k.k to check the open port of the routers.

But the ports are closed.

Further than that, I created NAT rules and traffic rules, it does not work at all?!

would you please help me to find the misconducted part?!

Thank you

<!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE AR-SA <![endif]-->
by anonymous

I had the port 4025 open on my PC. And for the routers;

What I did and that worked for me ?! 

Firewall -> General setting  -> input, output, forward => Accept

Firewall -> General setting  -> zones =>  LAN to WAN 

WAN to LAN

Firewall -> port forwarding =>                    Protocol ==                       TCP+UDP

Source Zone ==                wan, mob1s, ...

source IP address ==       10.1.0.0/16   (for 10.x.x.a)

Source port    ==                for RUT devices do not put anything but for TRB give your port number  (4025) or not does not matter

External IP address ==       10.1.0.1

External port ==                  4025

Internal zone ==                  lan

Ineternal IP address ==       192.168.0.254

Inetrnal port ==                     4025

Enable NAP Loopback  ==    on

Then the similar setting for the other router but correct External IP address and Ineternal IP address.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for contacting.

May i know if the ports you are trying to forward are opened by your ISP on your IP?

Thanks .
by anonymous

Thank you for your responce. 

I do not have access to public internet, so in this case probably port forwarding does not work. However, I run the comand 

"nc -vnzu 192.168.0.10 80" and I get open port status in my terminal. 

Since I need to be able to make a connection between two host connected to different routers, I tried to generate a routing rule. In this case I can succesfully ping from 10.x.x.a to 10.x.x.b but it is not possible to ping from one host 192.168.0.254 to the other host 192.168.1.253. The same issue as 

HOW TO CONFIGURE STATIC ROUTING WITHOUT VPN

Without considering the IP address of hosts how I can redirect the packets by Teltonika router to reach to my hosts?!

Thanks in advance

by anonymous

Hello,

I see that you are using same LAN IP pool on both the sides.

1)I recommend to use different to prevent conflicts .

2)Secondly even if you are using the private APN sim cards , its still sometimes needed to ask your ISP to allow certain ports because sometimes ports are closed by the ISP.

3)Can you run command route on the CLI just to see if you are able to see the gateway (WAN IP of Router 2 ) in the Router 1 and same for Router 2 . If yes you can create static router . If not static routes will not work.

4)If the static routes cannot be create , you can go to the firewall settings and allow forward to destination zones.

Please try above if doesn't works then VPN is the solution.

Thanks .

by anonymous
Thank you.

I do not know why there should be conflict if  we use the IP adddress of the sim cards and then the port. In this case we are not using the host local IP address or?!

I could make it to work by the setting I explined above.

I do not know what specific route command you are refering to?! But traceroute command workes. Also using the IP address 10.x.x.b from 10.x.x.a I have access to the router webpage.