FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
642 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

probably this question is already answered, but ...

I use the RUT240 with OpenVPN Cloud as a device (same user).

The VPN is working, i ping the ip the VPN client is working on. But the network behind i can't reach.

Example:

the RUT in VPN got the ip 10.5.2.1. When i ping that ip i got a answer back.

But the a device(NAS) at the LAN port is given the ip 192.186.2.5. When i want to ping this ip there is no answer.

Thinking about the port forwarding, but i didn't find out.

Best regards

Sven

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, this is Martín, Tech Support Engineer for Teltonika Networks.

First of all, which version of RutOS are you using?
As for my understanding, the issue I see is that you are probably using the same client to connect both in the RUT device and in the remote VPN client.
The other issue I see is that you are trying to do a ping from two different networks, between 10.5.2.0/24 and 192.186.2.0/24.
So, in order to have connectivity you should make a route from the LAN network into the RUT240 VPN IP.

To do this, you should go to "Network>Routing>Static Routes", click on ADD and create a route between the 192.186.2.0/24 network over to the Router's VPN address, which in your case is 10.5.2.1.

I replicated your case here by using a RUT240 with a VPN created with the VPN Hubs functionality of RMS, and made a route to the LAN network attached to the VPN user which is connected to the RUT device, and got connectivity to a device attached to the RUT's local network.

Best regards.

by anonymous
Hello Martin,

thanks for the fast support.

I'm using RUT2_R_00.07.01.4

All static routes were given by the config file, i generate in openvpn cloud.

Do i have to build a new static route for every new ip in the subnet. Like 192.186.2.154/24 is a new ip then i have to build a new "static route ? What abou when i'm using a dhcp in the subnet ?

Best regards.
by anonymous
Hello,

You don't have to create new routes for every IP in the subnet. What you should do is not an IP-to-IP routing, but a Network-to-IP route. So, in this case we would route the network 192.186.2.0/24 to go trough 10.5.2.1, so this means that every device which is in the range between 192.186.2.1 to 192.186.2.254 is going to be routed trough 10.5.2.1.

For this scenario, it wouldn't make any difference to use fixed IP addresses or DHCP for the LAN devices, as long as every device is configured with the Gateway 192.186.2.1.

A diagram would help me to understand the setup and give you more precise answers.

Best regards.
by anonymous
Hi Martin,

thanks for your support.

I found the solution of the issue.

If you use OpenVPNCloud you have to set all subnets, you want to route to the VPN-Network, at the OpenVPNCloud online dashboard. Then you have to create the configfile of the connector (i was using the RUT as a client not as a connector). Then you create at the RUT a VPN server and upload the configfile you have created in the OpenVPNcloud dashboard. When you have uploaded the configfile all subnets in the route are set.

Now everytings is working.

Best regards.