FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
279 views 5 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I am using kannel service to send sms through RUT240 SMPP, but it send empty messages.
by anonymous
Hello,

Can you please share your kannel SMPP configuration for this device ?

I'ma facing error of connection because the RUT telling it is not the good service-type ?

Thanks in advance for your answer

1 Answer

0 votes
by
Hi,

Once the status with your SMS Gateway appears as connected, the SMS should be composed by SMS Gateway.

You can also try to connect to RUT via CLI/SSH enter command:

gsmctl --sms --send “<number> <text>”

Number of the receiver, text will be the SMS message and maintain the quotation marks.

With this command you should receive the text. If not, check Kannel settings.

Anthony
by anonymous
Hi Anthony,

I was using kannel with another device and it was working, just two days ago I have bought  RUT240 but I am facing this issue now, I would appreciate your assistance with this issue.
by

Hi,

SMPP settings are straightforward. If credentials, IP address and port are right and communication with SMS Gateway is stablished then message composed is on the kannel side.

What is your current firmware version? Consider updating it to the latest firmware if you don’t have it. You can find it in this link.

What was the result of the command mentioned on last message?

Anthony

by anonymous
Hi,

I have updated the device, and it sends messages correctly using the command, but still sends blank messages using kannel.

As mentioned before kannel was working with my old device with the same configurations.

any advice?
by
Hi,

I tried using OzekiNG tool as an SMPP Server and a RUT240 with the same firmware as a client and no issue at all.

If the command worked out well, you could double check Kannel settings.

Regards