FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
358 views 3 comments
by anonymous
  • I have RUT955 router with FW version "RUT9_R_00.07.01.4" My aim is to use RUT955 as an "OpenVPN Server". To host the OpenVPN server I have used Public IP. I can access RUT955 from its configured WAN public IP address. Then I have made OpenVPN Server tunnel and its status I can see Active in configuration. 
  • Then I prepared "client.opvn" file to connect with the OpenVPN GUI client tool. When I'm trying to connect on OpenVPN GUI with my 'client.ovpn' file it's not getting connected.  I have attached its log file herewith. Also attached troubleshoot file from the RUT955.
  • Can you please check and help me to connect with OpenVPN server. Once the client gets connected with RUT955 OpenVPN Server, I want to access my end device which is connected to the RUT955 LAN interface.  How can I reach those devices? Please guide me with the steps. Currently, I'm using TLS as authentication. How can I use TLS authentication with Password? Where can I set this?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Regarding your issue, kindly try editing the client.ovpn file to be like this. You already specified the certificate details in the ovpn config so there is no need for ca ca.cert.pem, cert client.cert.pem and client.key.pem. 

Kindly try this config and test again. 

Also, here is a manual for OpenVPN it seems to be old but it may help you. 

https://mega.nz/file/72xQjL6D#bXcnQ7Zl8jNQ95wmp3DIlV0BFEXLas2_2pZDRYlkiNs

I have also checked your log files and it seems there is a TLS mismatch so kindly double check the certificate files. 

Regards,
Jerome

by anonymous

Thanks for the reply. I have commented 3 lines as described but after that also did not get connected to the server. OpenVPN GUI logs do not show any errors but not getting connected with the server too.

NOTE: I'm trying to connect to OpenVPN GUI tool from my laptop & in my laptop I'm using my own mobile internet through wifi. I can access the router's WAN public IP and open WebUI of it. But not getting connected to OpenVPN Server.   

NOTE: When M used RUT955 wireless connection (wifi) to my PC, It got connected. But If I Switch to my own wifi network to PC then It's not get connected. To allow any other network do I need to add some settings in RUT955? 

by anonymous
How Can I enable TLS with password authentication?

I have chosen option 'tls/password' in the OpenVPN server configuration in RUT955. Now, How can I authenticate with credentials while connecting from OpenVPN GUI client tool?
by anonymous

Hi, 

Try to add auth-user-pass in the client.ovpn file and use OpenVPN Connect instead of the OpenVPN GUI. 

Regards,
Jerome