FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
261 views 4 comments
by anonymous
I have a rutx09 that i'm trying to connect to a zyxel flex 200 through a ipsec-tunnel. The tunnel connects successfully but immediately disconnects. I cant find any error messages in the logs of the rutx09 or the Zyxel.

The rutx09 is the client and does not have a public ip, but have three other older teltonikas also with private wan ips connected with ipsec to the same zyxel.

I´ve tried everyhing and i'm completly out of ideas.

Help... please...

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

What are the IKE lifetime and Lifetime of your tunnel ?

In the logs, do you have lines containing "scheduling rekeying" and / or "maximum IKE_SA lifetime" ?

Regards,
by anonymous
Hi!

I've set both to 86400, tried lower values aswell but no diffrence.
I'm not able to check the logs now, i had to deliver the equipmet to the customer. I'll check later.

Regards
Christoffer
by anonymous
Hi again!

Heres from the log:

scheduling reauthentication in -647s                                                                                                                                                 

maximum IKE_SA lifetime -107s          

/Christoffer
by anonymous
So you have the culprit, a negative lifetime cannot work the tunnel is established and shutdown immediately.

Check again both lifetime fields, beware of the unit: 24 is 24s you must input 24h to have 86400 s.
by anonymous
Aaahh.. added a 'h' and now its working, thank you! You saved my day!