FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
168 views 4 comments
by anonymous
I can see RUR 240 connected to RMS via one ISP router but when I switch to another ISP router I can not see it

What can be the problem ?

Brian

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

When using a second ISP, make sure it does not block certain pages. Maybe it's a private mobile network, therefore, internet connection is restricted. To check this, connect PC to the router or insert the SIM card into your smartphone and try accessing the RMS page:

https://rms.teltonika-networks.com/

If it still fails, contact your ISP for possible restrictions.

Regards.

by anonymous
I can access RMS from both networks. The network I am having problem with is our main lan. we have no problem with 50 computers accessing anything outside. So must be something specific. What should I look for in the log? If I send you the trouble shoot file can you see what is the problem?

bb
by anonymous

If your device on legacy firmware, navigate to the Web Ui System > Administration > RMS page and do a screen shot. There is an error message as to why the device is unable to connect to RMS.

Alternatively, if it is the latest RutOS 7 firmware, you will find the same via Services> Cloud Solutions> RMS page

by anonymous
Hi Managed to capture the message : Error Failed to resolve host name.

After that I tried to put in IP address of Teltonika RMS but that failed as well. We tried to ping from the lan side the gateway but it did not respond.

I have a feeling there we are having ovelapping subnets. our Lan IP is 10.66.2.xxs /24 and both rut 300 and 240 are having trouble to connect from that to RMS. I have the troubleshooting files for both
by anonymous
It would be great if you could replicate the issue you are currently having, then access router's WebUI, go to SYSTEM > ADMINISTRATION > TROUBLESHOOT section, download troubleshoot file from there and send it to me via Private message.

Just, make sure that troubleshoot file is generated when the issue is present and before a reboot (So it can be seen in the logs).