FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
354 views 3 comments
by anonymous
I have a RUT240, connected via LTE to the internet. There are several devices connected on the RUT240 (Raspberry pi, etc). The RUT240 has NO public IP.

I want to connect from home (Router with DynDNS static IP) with ssh to devices connected on the remote located RUT240.

Is this possible without RMS?? Which possibilities I have?

Andreas

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

As your home router has a public IP you can build a VPN between the RUT240 and this router or some other device behind it. Wireguard would be a good  choice, IPSEC or zerotier will do also.

Regards,
by anonymous
Thank you for your fast reply.

As I only have a limited data volume (3GB/month), I affraid, that a complete VPN connection needs to much data volume.

Currently I have installed a reverse SSH connection only between 2 Raspberry (one per each network) with very limited data volume demand. The problem is, if the remote raspberry freeze, the connection to the remote network is lost.

Therefore I prefer a reverse ssh connection between the remot RUT240 and the local Router or local raspberry as ssh client.

Is there any possiblity to install a ssh server on the RUT240? It must initiate the ssh connection to the local router/local raspberry.
by anonymous
Yes you can install a ssh server on the rut but how will you reach it if it has no public address ? Having a permanent link will use data anyway and after a month that could be significant.
by anonymous
Doing the math for a wireguard tunnel gives:

- keepalives: 60 bytes every 25 s uses ~ 6.3 MB / month
- hanshakes: 120 + 176 bytes every 125 s uses ~6.2 MB / month

That's ~12.5 MB per month for housekeeping, completely negligible compared to you 3GB/month allowance.