FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
247 views 4 comments
by anonymous
My set up uses both WIFI and mobile connections. Currently i have a setup where mobile is preferred and WIFI is set as fall back. However, I would like to send a command to the teltonika (over ssh) that and do the following, check if a specific SSID is visible... and then connect to that specific SSID, if for some reason it doesn't work go back to mobile. So the script I can see that would fit here is:

start SSH session with Teltonika rut240
swap profiles
wait 1 minute
try to ping google.com
if it fails, swap back, if it succeeds keep it.

what do you guys think, is this possible? Super thankful for any input!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

For this scenario of yours, what you can do is set the WiFi network as Main WAN and set the Mobile network as a fallback. So that when WiFi is available it will use the WiFi network and if not it will return to Mobile WAN. 

Now if you want to do switching profiles when ping fails there is an option on Auto Reboot where you can set an action to send SMS to change the profile of the device when the ping fails you can refer to these links for more information: 

RUTX11 Auto Reboot - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)
RUTX11 Mobile Utilities - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

I hope this helps

Regards,
Jerome

by anonymous
Hello,

That will only cover a few parts of how i want to use the Teltonika. Because the Wifi SSID changes depending on where we are using it.

And i dont have any SMS available so I want to do it over SSH.
by anonymous

Hello, 

Kindly try these commands: 

uci set profiles.general.profile='Profile You Created'
uci commit 
reload_config

Wait for 15sec and refresh your browser. 

Regards,
Jerome

by anonymous
That isn't enough for me. I need to swap the Wifi SSID and password ad-hoc. I would like to "try" to connect first, since i can assume there will always be a mobile network available. I don't have access to a browser either.

Is it possible to update profiles over uci? Such as wifi SSD and password?

Thanks.
by anonymous

Hi, 

You can change it via UCI API you can refer to these links for more information: 

UCI command usage - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)
[OpenWrt Wiki] The UCI system

I hope this helps. 

Regards,

Jerome