FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
769 views 2 comments
by anonymous
I have a simple setup with the Router connected via Mobile. I can ping the the WAN interface and the LAN Default Gateway from the WAN.

However I am not able to ping the LAN devices from from the Router Diagnostics or the router itself (logged in user SSH). Devices on the LAN can ping each other and the LAN Gateway, however they can not ping outbound to the WAN.

I've enabled Zone Forwarding (LAN--> WAN and WAN-->LAN). I've also enabled "Allow-passthrought-traffic" in the Traffic rules.
by anonymous
Technically you should be able to ping your LAN devices from your router itself, can you try the same by resetting the router to factory defaults and pinging without any settings change ? Also a topology of your connection and error screenshots for a better understanding of your issue.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Have you enabled this rule ?

by anonymous
I have resolved this issue by changing the DHCP starting address to start from the second IP address in my LAN allocation. I could ping certain types of devices on the LAN side when I set the DHCP to start from address number one, but not all devices (e.g. a printer) and it was intermittent. Once I set the DHCP to start from address number 2 everything started working properly. My theory is that the DHCP settings were affecting the gateway address in the router itself on the LAN side. And yes I did need to allow forwarding of traffic between the PPP and the LAN.