FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
190 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hello everybody

Forgive exposing the problem in an unclear way but I am not an expert. =)

I use ipstatico.org, a service that allows me to access some ports of the teltonika router even if the SIM I am using does not have public / static ip.

This service, which is based on OpenVPN, however, has a limit of gb per month which is more than enough for the use of remote access. The SIM has no limit of GB of traffic.

I always leave this VPN active so that I can remotely reach both the router and the PC in the LAN.

The two questions are:

1. Does the web or ftp traffic of the PC also pass through the VPN and therefore it consumes me the gb of the ipstatico.org service?
  2.  Is there a way to pass the pc's web or ftp traffic out of the VPN so as not to consume the gb of the VPN service? 

Thanks for your help

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Web or ftp traffic of the PC passing through the VPN or not can be found using routing table. Traffic that should go through VPN is specified in routing table. you can check your router's routing table by using route -n command.

Also you can use firewall to drop the traffic from pc to go through "OpenVPN zone".

by anonymous

I have tried but am not experienced enough to succeed.
I guess the command was to be given from the CLI but I can't view it in any browser.
I am attaching the firewall setup hoping you can help me.

Thanks

by anonymous
Hello RS42,

In order to set the traffic rules navigate to : Webui > Network > Firewall > Traffic Rules

Scroll to bottom and create new instance with values shown in above picture.

Follow link for more details on how to configure Firewall Traffic Rules:

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT240_Firewall#Traffic_Rules