FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
464 views 3 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

I've already posted on an existing tread (link) but since I never got an answer I'm starting this as a new one.

I'm using my RUTX11 on a vehicle using both LTE and WIFI as an uplink (WIFI mostly at the "home base"). Inside the vehicle the router is providing its own WIFI network to serve clients.

Whenever I'm outside the range of the external WIFI the hotspot on the RUTX11 stops broadcasting for that WIFI band, therefore if my 5GHz home network is unavailable I'm left with only 2.4Ghz for the clients inside the van, and vice versa for the other band.

This is extremely annoying since I need to disable any station-mode networks before leaving the service area to not lose my internal network.

I'm running on the latest RUTX_R_00.07.01.4 firmware but I've been observing this issue since the beginning and hat multiple updates meanwhile.

Is there any solution to this? I can provide a troubleshooting file as well as remote assistance for repros if needed.

Thanks!

1 Answer

0 votes
by
Hi,

I have tried to replicate your scenario by turning off the WiFi that acts as the Home Base and the interface is not disabled, nor is the WiFi Access Point of the same band.

Can you send me a private message with a Troubleshoot file and more details so I can better replicate the issue?

Regards
by anonymous
Hi Anthony,

thank you for your reply. I just sent you the details in a PM.
by

Hi,

I see in your configuration that you are not using FAILOVER for the WAN switching. I strongly recommend you to enable this feature under Network>Failover. You can set your WIFI5G Wan interface as top priority and mob1s1a1 as second priority so whenever WIFI WAN is not available (Vehicle leaves the home base) it switches to SIM1 and once WIFI WAN is back again (Vehicle returns to home base) it will switch automatically.

Wireless users takes a couple of minutes to get internet access in every Failover switch.

This could prevent the Wifi band going to not available state. Failover will detect that there are few pings not reaching internet and forces the switching. Here you can find the Wiki article to set it up.

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTX11_Failover

Let me know if this issue persists.

Anthony

by anonymous
I habe the same issue. For better understanding: use different ssid for the 2,4 Ghz and the 5 Ghz hotspot created by the rutx.

Then connect the 5 Ghz to a lokal WLAN as a client.

If this wlan isn‘t reachable, the failover stopped this interface (Status: Interface stopped in the failover page) and set the mob1 to online. So far, so good..

But:

in the Wireless-Page this Interface still appears as Status: Interface running. There are no entrys for encryption, channel or bitrate. The 5G-Hotspot of the rutx ist not visible for any client to connect. You are only able to see and connect to the 2,4Ghz Hotspot.

To get the access back to the 5Ghz Hotspot, you have to disable the not reachable network in the wireless-page. In this config the failover isnt‘t able to switch back to the lokal network when coming home (Status: Interface stopped).