FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
283 views 3 comments
by anonymous

Hello

I have a new RUTX11 and it is not responding to SMS commands.

FW version: RUTX_R_00.07.01.4

I enabled SMS response only to the 'status' command and for phones in one specific group. The message is received properly but sms_utils fails to respond. Please see the attached log file. I believe the important parts are these:

libgsm[src/libgsm_auth.c:105]: Group allowed
libgsm[src/libgsm_auth.c:27]: Sender number successfully authorized
libgsm[src/libgsm_auth.c:176]: There is no command text!

The relevant section in /etc/config/sms_utils is this:

config rule
 option action 'send_status'
 option smstext 'status'
 option message 'Router name - %rn; WAN IP - %wi; Data Connection state - %cs; Connection type - %ct; Signal Strength - %ss; New FW available - %fs;'
 option to_other_phone '0'
 option authorization 'serial'
 option allowed_phone 'group'
 option group 'admins'
 option enabled '1'
It is generated by the UI. I haven't modified it at all.
Please help.
Thank you,
Erik Jogi

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

The exact same log messages are replicated when the message text sent to the router includes only the serial number, but not the command text. The SMS message syntax is: serial_number status. Could you please confirm that the message you sent contains both: the serial number and the word status. 

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous
Hello Žygimantas

I initially tried with "status" only. Now I tried with "+372511XXXX status". But still no response. Which serial number should be used in the message?

Thank you,

Erik
by anonymous
In your rule configuration, authorization is selected as "serial". This means that for the command to be executed, you have to send the serial number of the router you want to get status from. You can find device's serial on the device itself or by going to WebUI, Status -> System. Serial number is under Device section.
by anonymous
Thank you for the clarification. Now I got a response!

I re-read the manual and now found the relevant section. Thank you!