FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,046 views 5 comments
by anonymous
I just started a RUT955, upgraded to firmware RUT9XX_R_00.06.08.6 and connected a GPS antenna. Does not receive a GPS signal. PuTTY says 0 satellites when I type gpsctl -p. Is there a problem with GPS in newer firmware or can my (new) antenna be broken?

I have activated GPS and the antenna is outdoors.
by anonymous
Hallo, I installed Rut9  -R-00.07.02.7 on my 955 and have the same problem.

No gps Signal

wahr can I do?

gpsctl -sixp says:

Regards

Wilfried Koplin
by anonymous

I would like you to send me a troubleshoot file in a private message to look at your device. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Solved by updating modem module firmware.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

Firstly I would like to highly recommend updating your router's firmware to the newest version RUT9_R_00.07.01.4. You can download the latest firmware for your router here:  https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_Firmware_Downloads

Another thing, make sure you have turned on Satellite Configuration in Services > GPS > General.

Did this issue start only after the firmware update? Before the update was everything working correctly? You've mentioned that you were using a new antenna, what antenna were you using before and what new antenna are you using now?

Also, make sure the antenna has a clear view of the sky.

Kind regards,

Edvinas

by anonymous

Thanks for the reply. I'm not succeeding in upgrading to the latest firmware. "verification failed".

I do not know if the antenna worked with previous firmware (this RUT955 has been new and unused for a few years).

I have not previously had any problems with the GPS function on other RUT955 (I have no other device available now to test with)

Hmm...

by anonymous
Hello,

You can't upgrade your firmware because your device can't support it, so you will not be able to update your firmware to the newest.

Firstly, could you provide me troubleshoot file? You can find it in your router WebUI > System > Administration > Troubleshoot, or in your RMS> Management > Devices > Select your device > Action > Export troubleshoot.

To check if your antenna is causing this issue, you will have to verify if your router is providing voltage through the GPS antenna connector. I will send you a PM with a PDF file with instruction on how to do it. If your GPS antenna connector will provide 3.3V +-10% (which is the correct voltage) then most likely your antenna is causing this issue.

One more thing, turn on your GPS and in routers SSH type this command: gpsctl -six and send me an output of it.

Kind regards,

Edvinas